Support is Focused on Frontline Healthcare Workers Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
Point Breeze Credit Union has donated $5,000 to six local hospitals in the Baltimore region totaling $30,000. These donations will go towards each hospital’s effort to support frontline healthcare workers amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are honored to make these contributions to six local hospitals to help them further support our heroic healthcare workers on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Bernie McLaughlin, President and CEO of Point Breeze Credit Union. “Our team at Point Breeze is committed to giving back to our communities and we want to make an impact where it is most needed. We are grateful for our frontline healthcare workers efforts during this crisis and grateful to have the opportunity to support them.”
The donations were given to hospitals that serve communities in which Point Breeze Credit Union has office locations. Point Breeze currently has locations in Hunt Valley, Rosedale, Westminster, Owings Mills, and Bel Air.
The six hospitals that received donations from Point Breeze Credit Union include:
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), Towson, MD – The Point Breeze donation will be directed to the GBMC HealthCare Workers Fund to support employees’ financial, emotional, and spiritual needs as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Incorporated in this fund is an Employee Hardship Fund to provide financial help to employees who are experiencing unexpected hardship.
- Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, Baltimore, MD – $1,000 of the Point Breeze donation went towards matching funds for the hospital’s employee contributions for Giving Tuesday; the rest of the donation will support Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital’s COVID response efforts including increased PPE and funding its Employee Assistance Fund.
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, Baltimore MD – The donation from Point Breeze will support the COVID-19 Critical Needs fund at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. This fund provides essential patient assistance through expanded care capacity testing sites; and resources to keep caregivers safe including sufficient additional PPE.
- Northwest Hospital, Owings Mills MD and Carroll Hospital, Westminster, MD – The donations from Point Breeze Credit Union will support the Care Bravely Compassion Fund which provides critical personal protective equipment (PPE), care and comfort items, and meals to nurses, physicians and other essential staff at LifeBridge Health testing sites and hospitals, including Northwest Hospital and Carroll Hospital.
- The Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation, Bel Air MD – The Point Breeze donation will support the foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund, which helps fund testing kits and supplies for COVID-19 patients; Employee Assistance Fund, which provides necessary financial support to healthcare workers; and Healthcare Heroes fund which supports efforts to thank frontline healthcare employees.