We offer a variety of overdraft protection options that may help to protect you from late payment and returned item fees that may be charged by the payee and may also help protect your credit rating from the negative impact of slow or late payments.
Overdraft from Share Savings Account
Use your savings as your first line of defense against overdrafts. Automatically transfers funds from your linked savings account, up to your available balance.
Overdraft Credit Card or Line of Credit
Available on approved Point Breeze Visa® Credit Cards and lines of credit, this is a great option for those times when your checking account balance is running low. Funds are automatically transferred, up to your available credit line.
As an added measure of protection, if you do not have enough in savings or an approved line of credit, we may elect to pay your overdrafts. How it works:
- At our discretion, we may pay an item when you do not have enough money in checking, taking the account negative
- Typically the maximum amount we will take your account negative is $500, including fees
- You'll have 30 days to bring your account balance positive
To discuss your overdraft protection options, request a line of credit or set up overdraft protection for your checking account, simply stop by any of our offices or call us at 410.584.7228.
Tips for avoiding overdrafts
- Keep track of your purchases, deposits and ATM withdrawals by using an account register or financial management software. Make sure joint account owners keep track of their transactions, too.
- Balance your account monthly
- Monitor account activity and balances with Online Banking, Mobile Banking or AUDRE, our 24-hour automated phone teller system
- Set up email and/or text alerts to notify you when your account balance is running low
*To qualify for Courtesy Payment, you must be a member in good standing with the credit union, which means you have an account with us for a least 90 days, you make regular deposits to that account to bring your account back to a positive balance at least once every 30 days or less, and there are no legal orders against the account. Point Breeze Credit Union may, at our sole discretion, pay overdrafts up to the limits noted, including our current Non-Sufficient Funds fee(s) for each item that overdraws the account. If you do not want us to pay your overdrafts, you must tell us you want to "opt-out." If you receive a direct deposit social security or other federal benefit check, you must “opt-out” if you do not want us to use those funds to repay an overdraft, including any fees assessed.